Almost every industry and workplace has been touched by digital transformation in some way. Digital literacy is the ability to understand and use digital technologies for work. It’s become a necessary skill in today’s economy, and employers are increasingly looking for candidates who are digitally literate.
In fact, it’s become such an integral part of the way we work that digital literacy is now a workplace non-negotiable. Here are ten reasons why:
1. Communication: In order to communicate effectively with customers, clients, and colleagues, employees need to be able to navigate the digital world.
2. Collaboration: In order to work effectively with others, employees need to be able to use digital tools to collaborate.
3. Research: In order to stay up-to-date on industry trends and developments, employees need to be able to conduct research online.
4. Marketing: In order to promote their company's products and services, employees need to be able to utilize digital marketing tools.
5. Social Media: In order to build and maintain relationships with customers, clients, and colleagues, employees need to be active on social media.
6. Data Analysis: In order to make data-driven decisions, employees need to be able to properly analyze data.
7. Project Management: In order to successfully manage projects, employees need to have project management skills.
8. Presentation Skills: In order to present company information in a clear and concise manner, employees need presentation skills.
9. Team Leadership: In order to effectively lead teams, employees need team leadership skills.
10. Time Management: In order to manage time effectively, employees need time management skills.