Updated: Jun 14
A few years ago, the impact of digitization was only established in top industries like Banking, Insurance, and Retail.
With the impact of current pandemic of Covid-19 the social distancing norms are becoming more strict. Now times have changed – the recruitment industry is also adopting digital transformation.
Everyone is a candidate at some point in their journey. Whether you are an employer or a candidate searching for a job, the digital transformation is helping the recruitment industry to implement smarter hiring strategies.
Recruiters are the brand ambassadors of a company as they are the first people with whom a candidate interacts. But getting the right people with the right skills, at the right price, has been a long-running headache for recruitment teams.
It’s a competitive marketplace for talent, with demand for skilled labor far exceeding the supply of qualified candidates actively looking. This makes it more important need for recruiters, to master new digital techniques to find, reach and engage right skilled potential candidates.
Candidates seeking jobs in the market are also now tech-savvy and expect fast and easy application processes and communication. Their behaviors and preferences are changing. Power has transferred from recruiter to candidate.
There are multiple ways digital can help:
Assess the digital footprint of the candidate: Recruiters can use this data to get important insights into the skills of potential candidates. Correlations between social media profiles can reveal important aspects such as interests and hobbies, as well as an overview of the candidate’s personality.How suitable is the candidate to an organization’s culture can be assessed based on her/his social media sharing habits on subjects like gender, age, race, and politics.
Online language/skill assessment: It is one of the easiest ways for companies to filter through the pool of candidates efficiently. Recruiters can ensure the quality of their hires via psychometric and other tests.
Online job portals: Monster, Glassdoor, Indeed, Naukri and TimesJobs have helped in reaching out to candidates across different geographies and industries. They have also helped in building good candidate pipelines for recruiters. LinkedIn has started this revolution long back and has the credibility of companies as well as candidates equally.
Advantages of Digital Transformation in Recruitment:
· Your website messaging can be targeted to different candidate personas
· Candidates can easily engage with your company on social and mobile
· Helps create the company brand in the digital world
· Machine learning is helping is processing piles of applicants to find the right candidate
· The organization can nurture candidates over time by relevant job alerts, talent campaigns
· Social media presence generate the better response from talents to the brand
· Digitization helps in ease of entire recruitment process and in turn happy candidates
· Job seekers get an inside view of a company through a site like Glassdoor, which includes information on compensation, organizational culture, career progression, learning opportunities, etc.
· Through the use of Big Data, learning companies can find suitable candidates, cut recruitment time and costs
· Consolidated database of CVs becomes a powerful mining tool and cost saver
Digital is helping to convert the chaos of recruiting into “Smart Recruiting”.