Why You Need To Get A Digital Transformation Awareness Program
A digital transformation (DX) is the transformation of an organization through the use of digital technologies. It’s about using digital to create new — or different — value for the organization, its customers, and other stakeholders.
The competition in every industry is becoming more digital. Disruptive companies such as Uber and Airbnb have changed entire industries by being digital natives — they’ve built their businesses using digital technologies from the ground up. More and more, companies must learn to compete in a digital world or risk being left behind.
A digital transformation can be a daunting undertaking for any company. It requires a change in mindset and culture, as well as a significant investment in new technologies. One of the critical success factors
What is digital transformation?
Digital transformation is the process of using digital technologies to create new — or different — value for an organization. The goal of digital transformation is to improve the performance of the organization, whether that means increasing revenue, decreasing costs, or improving customer satisfaction.
To be successful, a digital transformation must be led by the CEO and senior management. It requires a change in mindset and culture, as well as a significant investment in new technologies. One of the critical success factors for digital transformation is having a clear and compelling vision for what the organization wants to achieve.
What are the benefits of a digital transformation awareness program for your employees?
A digital transformation awareness program can help employees
· understand the goals of the digital transformation
· how they can help contribute to its success.
· help employees understand how their jobs may change due to the digital transformation
· what new skills they may need to acquire.
In addition, a digital transformation awareness program can help build support for digital transformation among employees. This is important because employees may be hesitant to embrace changes that could disrupt their daily routines or threaten their jobs. By raising awareness about the benefits of digital transformation, you can help garner support for the initiative among employees.
How to create a digital transformation awareness program for your employees?
There are a few key things to keep in mind when creating a digital transformation awareness program for your employees:
1. Keep it simple: A digital transformation can be a complex undertaking, but your awareness program doesn’t need to be. Keep the goals of the program simple and focus on communicating the most important information to employees.
2. Focus on what’s changing: A key goal of the awareness program should be to help employees understand how their jobs may change as a result of the digital transformation. Explain what will stay the same and what will be different about their jobs going forward.
3. Emphasize the benefits: Be sure to emphasize the benefits of the digital transformation for employees, such as increased efficiency and effectiveness, or access to new and innovative technologies.
4. Be inclusive: A digital transformation affects every employee in an organization, so it’s important to make sure that your awareness program is inclusive and appeals to a wide range of employees.
5. Make it interactive: A static presentation or memo is not going to capture employee attention or involvement. To really engage employees, make your awareness program interactive with quizzes, polls, or other activities.
6. Make it measurable: Any Awareness Program should be backed up with data that claim whether or not the program has been successful at addressing risk behaviours on company networks. Collect metrics related to employee engagement with the program, as well as any changes in behaviour or compliance, and formulate your next steps based on what you learn.
This level of continuous awareness training must become part of the culture, to make this successful.
Going Digital has successfully executed this program at various customer locations.
If you are keen to conduct this program at your organization